My Fish Garden Salad was an unexpected dish. Looking in the fridge I saw plenty of treasures; some fresh cherry tomatoes, zucchini, thym, herbs and eggs. I have decided to invent a fish recipe filled with healthy nutrients. Invent your own recipes and in the end you will be proud of the delightful magic in the platter.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
- 8 pieces of Fish fillets
- 3 large skinless Potatoes, diced in chunks
- 3 Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 Boiled Eggs, cut into moon shapes
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Onion
- Fresh herbs (minced coriander and parsley leaves)
- 1 tbsp of lemon zest
- 1 cup of Corn Flour (Quantity will depend as per the amount of fish fillets you will be using)
- 3 tbsp of ginger and garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper (Quantity based as per your preferences)
- Vegetable Oil
- Olive Oil Extra Virgin
1. Soak the potatoes for 5 minutes. Remove from water, rinse well and begin to season with salt, pepper, fresh herbs, thyme and a drizzle of olive oil. Once done, cook them in a hot non-stick skillet filled with 5 cl of vegetable oil for about 15-20 minutes on medium heat. Keep on stirring constantly to prevent burning.
2. Begin to season your fillets with ginger and garlic paste, lemon zest (add depending on your preferred savour), salt and pepper. Coat in corn flour and shake off any excess.
3. After the potatoes have cooked, use the same skillet to deep fry the fishes. Add more vegetable oil if required and fry on medium heat for about 10 minutes (5 minutes each side).
4. Chop your cherry tomatoes, zucchini, onions and boiled eggs to your preferred style. Place everything in a large bowl or plate and season the vegetables, boiled eggs, fried fish fillets and potatoes with vinegar, olive oil, fresh herbs plus additional salt and pepper (as per your taste).
And that’s it so simple and easy to make. I have served my Fish Garden Salad with bread.
Food is happiness, a simple recipe always bring a smile 🙂