Hello Foodlovers, on this post you will explore my version of making delicious and restaurant-style White Creamy Sauce Pasta with Chicken and Mushroom. I prefer having an accompanied salad with my pasta, however this is totally optional.
The aim of having the salad was to move toward an oriented organic lifestyle and kill the carbs 🙂 On a further note I have used Shell Pasta for this recipe, you can also try with linguine. You will find the photo below. All you’ll need for this is simple basic in-hand ingredients. Please note that I do not specify a specific quantity since that will depend upon your servings.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into strips
- 1 package (16 ounces) Pasta (I am using Wheat Shell, you can use any type of Pasta that you like)
- 1 tsp Sweet Paprika
- Grated parmesan (Quantity will depend upon your preferences)
- 50cl of Fresh cream (I have used Elle & Vire 20cl) For all those who are not aware of that fresh cream, kindly find the photo below.
- 10 cl of liquid milk (Optional)
- 2 pieces of skinless garlic
- 2 tbsp of garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp of ginger paste
- Mixture of fresh herbs chopped finely (you can use parsley, cilantro or any other herbs).
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
For the Salad dressing:
- 2 Green Capsicums
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Onion
- 1 tsp of Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
Now for the salad dressing, chop your capsicums, zucchini and onions in any size that you prefer. Add the vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Again the quantity will depend upon your servings.
1) In the meantime put the pasta on a boil for about 20mins on medium heat. Add the 2 pieces of peeled garlic and half a tablespoon of olive oil in the boiling water.
2) Preheat a skillet with olive oil on medium heat. While it is preheating, season your chicken with ginger and garlic paste, sweet paprika, salt and pepper. Then gently pour them in the hot skillet and let it cook for about 15minutes on medium heat.
3) Once cooked, remove the chicken and add the mushrooms in the hot skillet on medium heat. Then after 7minutes add the chicken to the hot skillet, together with the mushrooms. To that, pour some fresh cream, I have used the 20cl fresh cream of Elle & Vire, the quantity of fresh cream you will use will depend eventually as per your servings. Mix everything together, cover your skillet with a lid and let it simmer for about 6mins on medium heat.
4) After 6mins, add the milk, paprika, grated Parmesan, salt and pepper and let it cook for an additional 6mins, lid covered. However that will depend on how you prefer the thickness of your sauce to be. I prefer mine creamy and saucy. If you want a thicker sauce then let it cook for an additional 5mins instead of only 3mins. But make sure to keep on mixing everything together each 1min with a spachler so that the sauce does not stick to the bottom of your skillet.
While serving the pasta, topped it with some fresh herbs, paprika (optional) and grated parmesan.
I hope you will enjoy this dish, if you have any questions then leave it in the comment box. Till then HAPPY COOKING 🙂