I am very happy to share an excellent relishful finger-licking Kentucky Chicken. You can feel its crispiness with just one bite and they look so beautiful with those amazing colors. You can serve them with anything you’d liked to, I usually serves mine with some green salad, green olives, tomato ketchup and some homemade chilli-lemon paste yummy 🙂 As you know Lemon is that little sunshine making me happy whereas Chilli is not my friend unless I have a touch of lemon blended into it
Let me go through the ingredients so that less time is wasted in cooking it 🙂
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
- 1 Pound (16 oz) Chicken Drumsticks (You can use Wings, Boneless Breast or Thighs
- 5 tablespoons of Fried Chicken Crispy Seasoned Flour (I have used the brand Nona Fried Chicken Crispy Garlic Recipe All Purpose Seasoned Flour)
- 4 tablespoons of Cornflour
- 2 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Sweet Paprika
- 2 Egg whites
- Vegetable oil
- 10 cl Fresh heavy cream
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large bowl, add the chickens and pour the fresh heavy cream. Mix all together and make sure the drumsticks are well dipped. Close the bowl with a lid and put in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or 1 hour.
- Once its done, free the chicken drumsticks from the fresh heavy cream in the bowl by placing them into another bowl. In the meanwhile let the chicken sit so that it can comes to room temperature
- Add the Fried Chicken Crispy Seasoned Flour, the cornflour, breadcrumbs (Quantity as per your preferences), Garlic and Ginger powder, Cinnamon powder, Sweet Paprika, Salt and Pepper (Quantity as per your preferences). Mix all well together with the help of a spoon.
4. Once its done, dip each drumsticks in the egg whites and then into the mixture of the spices & flour. Repeat the same process again just to ensure that you will get a good crispiness since the skin of the drumsticks will be thicker.
5. Place the chicken drumsticks into a rack once this process is completed just to remove any excess flour & breadcrumbs. Preheat a frying pan with some vegetable oil (Quantity will depend as per servings, I have put 7 cl of vegetable oil). Add the chicken once the pan is ready and let them fry for about 8minutes on each side (Frying duration will depend on the thickness of your chicken or how darker or lighter you want the color to develop). I prefer mine with a darker golden brown color
6. Voila, just place your fried chicken drumsticks onto a piece of paper towels to reduce the excess oil from the chicken. Then you are ready to feel the crunchiness in your mouth 🙂
I hope you have loved this dish, till then HAPPY FRYING 🙂