Today I am very thrilled to share with you all my version of making Tandoori Chicken. It is such a delicious, finger-licking 🙂 and beautiful eye-catching dish. It is so easy to make and contains many healthy nutrients based on the ingredients being used. There is ofcourse different style of making Tandoori Chicken as per different countries’ cuisines but mine is just so simple with in-hand home ingredients. So enough chit-chats, let’s go through the requiring ingredients.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
- 1 tbsp of Garlic and Ginger Paste
- 4 Pieces of Chicken (You can opt for Drumsticks, Wings or even Thighs)
- Chopped Coriander
- 2 tsp of Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp of Sweet Paprika
- 3 tsp of Tandoori Powder
- 2 tbsp of Yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 tsp red Food Coloring
- Lemon Wedges or Slices
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper (As per your preferences)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl apart from the olive oil and Lemon Wedges or Slices. Add the Chicken in the mixture. Refrigerate them overnight or for minimum 6hours. You can make small opening-cuts on the chicken so that the mixture can penetrate well.
- After refrigeration, bring the chicken to room temperature otherwise if you add them directly into a hot pan the chicken will seize and all the juices will run out. Therefore best way is to bring to room temperature 🙂
- Add 1 tsp of olive oil in a hot skillet, once the oil starts to sizzle then add the chicken. Let them cook for 20minutes on medium heat, 10minutes on each side.
- Once they start to develop a beautiful color, remove them. You can sprinkle some fresh raw onion rings on top with some parsley and lemon wedges.
Et Voila, the amazing Tandoori Chicken is ready, with a squeeze of lemon juice on top the fragrance will be just out of this world aromatic. Yummy, try this recipe and share your experience with me. Till then Happy Cooking 🙂