“Blueberry Muffins,” for any special occasions.. The perfect way to make everyone happy. So gloriously soft and moist, filled with flavor. Blueberries add a unique touch to your muffins. Best sweet-tooth to serve with tea or as a dessert after lunch or dinner. I know the batter can get easy peasy to make, the secret ingredient is to not overbeat otherwise you will end up with a broken and dry puck muffins. You have a great win when you add butter to your muffins and homemade blueberries sauce.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
- 2 cups of self-rising flour (260-280 grams)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup of milk
- 4 large tsps of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large tsps of melted salted or unsalted butter (to grease the muffin cups)
- 6 large tsps of granulated white sugar (Quantity will depend as per your sweetness preferences)
- 1/2 small tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of good quality Vanilla extract
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 12-14 Muffin Aluminum cups or Muffin pan
- Whisk the wet ingredients; the beaten eggs, milk and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- In a pan, simmer 10-15 blueberries and sugar (see in picture above) on low heat for 30-40 seconds until blueberries can be mashed up and sugar has dissolved into a sauce. Stove off and allow to cool for 30 seconds.
- In another large bowl, sift the flour and add the baking powder, remaining uncooked blueberries and salt. Mix well with a spatula.
- Add the wet ingredients and cooked blueberries sauce into the dry ingredients and stir well until they are completely combined and moistened (Don’t worry if the batter has turned a bit blue or purple). Make sure that the batter is thick and there are no lumps.
- Meanwhile preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Position your rack in the center of the oven. Now if you are using a Wave Oven (Four Cyclone), preheat your oven at 200 degrees C.
- Grease the muffin cups (I have used Aluminum Muffin Cups) with melted butter. Spoon the batter evenly into each muffin cups.
- Place the cups on the oven rack and if for (Wave oven-Four Cyclone), place the cups at the bottom and bake for 15-20 minutes (for both oven) until light golden on top. Insert a toothpick or fork in the center of the muffin, if it comes out clean then muffin is ready.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before removing them from the muffin cups. You can preserve a little blueberries sauce and top them on the blueberry muffins before serving 🙂