Note: This is not an authentic dish, it is just my version of making Bechamel Sauce.
Bechamel Sauce is a medium-thick white sauce and can be coated with so many dishes. It is one of my favorites when it comes to eating something healthy and light. Bechamel sauce adds a savouring taste to many cooked dishes and especially leftovers. I often have cooked spinach as leftovers, all I do is bake a delicious Spinach Lasagne with the Bechamel sauce. SO CONVENIENT 🙂
Tip: You can get the perfect smooth sauce if you add hot milk into the recipe.
Some of the recipes you can make with this amazing pasty Bechamel Sauce:
- Classic Mac and Cheese
- Crepes with Bechamel Sauce
- Fried Fish fillets and potatoes under Bechamel Sauce with lemon wedges
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
- 4 tsp of salted butter, room temperature (optional, you can also use unsalted butter)
- 1 large tbsp of flour
- 2 cups of hot milk
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1/2 of an onion, finely minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp of thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 3 tbsp of grated cheddar cheese
- Parsley leaves to garnish
- Melt the butter into a saucepan over low heat, add the garlic, onions and thyme leaves.
- Add the flour and stir constantly until the paste cooks – about 1 minute to avoid brown color. Pour the milk and blend together with flour and allow to cook for 5 minutes until sauce bubbles and thickens.
- Add the parmesan cheese and mix well together into the sauce.
- Add the eggs and cheddar cheese before 3 minutes cooking is done, together with salt and pepper. Mix well together.
- Top on with parsley. You can add your cooked pasta into the sauce and combine together with a spachler.
The beach burgers have come to the shore, whispering crunchy waves and flavourful relish.
You are heading to the beach to relax and swim but you need a delicious crunchy light meal. This Chicken Beach Burger is the best you can make without having to stop at a drive-thru because for a quick-easy-healthy meal, patties are not the ideal option. I use chicken breast and the taste is beyond excellent. Make your beach adventure more flavourful with this recipe.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
For the Chicken:
- 2 pieces of chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of corn flour
- 2 tbsp of bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp of garlic and ginger paste
- 1 tsp of paprika powder
- 1 tsp of oregano powder
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
For the Burger:
- 2 Burger buns
- 2 pieces of Cheddar Burger cheese
- Slices of tomatoes
- Lettuce leaves
- Slices of pineapples
Preparations for the Chicken:
1) Season the chicken breasts with garlic and ginger paste, paprika, oregano and cinnamon powder, salt and pepper. Let them rest covered for atleast 30mins or you can coat them in the corn flour and bread crumbs directly after seasoning. I prefer to season mine 30mins prior before coating to encure that the chicken blends perfectly well with the seasoning.
2) Preheat your skillet with vegetable oil. In the meanwhile, dip the chicken breasts into the eggs. Mix together the corn flour and bread crumbs. Coat the chicken breasts into the mixture and shake off any excess before adding into the hot oil.
3) Cook the chicken breasts for 8mins on each side.
Preparations for the Burger:
1) Layer each buns with mayonnaise (Optional). Add the lettuce leaves, slices of tomatoes on the bottom. Then add the chicken breasts, the cheese on top and the slices of pineapples. You can choose to add some lettuce leaves on top as well again.
Chicken Beach Burger is done 🙂 You can serve with french fries or wedges.