Passion fruit, a sweet tropical fruit, also coined in French and Mauritian Creole as “Grenadille, Fruit de la passion”. Rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and dietary fibre, Passion fruit is best to be served fresh. Protected in an inedible dark purple shell, the Passion Fruit juicy pulp is richer in sweetness, aroma, juicy pulp and contains less acidity compared to the Yellow Passion Fruit.
My recipe is really simple and healthier. Usually some people prefer to blend the juicy pulp with water in a mixer to easily get rid of the pitted seeds. However I prefer to prepare mine in the old healthy style, plus I love to have the pitted seeds with my juice. They are high in flavour and allow for a nice garnishing for your juice.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
- 2 Dark Purple Passion Fruits
- 1 Yellow Passion Fruit (Optional)
- 20 cl of water (You can use more based as per your preferences)
- 4 tbsp of sugar
- Ice cubes
- 1) Cut into half the passion fruits. Spoon out the juicy pulp
2) In a jug, add the juicy pulp and water. Stir really well with a whisk to make sure that the juice is well blended with the water.
3) Add the sugar and mix again.
4) Add the ice cubes and allow to refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve chill 🙂