Pasta pasta… who does not love pasta… we all do if we know how to cook different dishes with Pasta. Not many ingredients are required but if you cook pasta, you can’t just eat it without cheese. Pasta and cheese they are the ideal couple 🙂 haha….. I love baked pasta filled with a seafood blend, creamy sauce, cheese and the smell of freshly sprinkled herbs. A COMPLETE MEAL!!!!!
I serve mine with some homemade green chillies & garlic and lemon paste. Give yours a try, it is such an easy recipe. After the Noodles, I call the Pasta a second reason to eat with a fork at home because in our little island Mauritius most of the people eat with a spoon. Hahahahahaha
NOTE: I have not added salt in this recipe because the cheese already contains much of it and while you boil or cook your prawns and mushrooms just add your desired amount of salt.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
- 1 packet of Pasta, boiled and cooked
- 500g of Prawns, without shells and cooked
- Mushrooms, finely chopped and cooked
- Beans, cooked
- 1/2 cup of Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup of Mozarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup of Parmeasan cheese, grated
- 1 cup of fresh cooking cream (I use Elle & Vire brand)
- 2 tbsp of Tomato puree
- 1 tsp of Garlic paste
- 1 tsp of Paprika powder
- Coriander and Parsley leaves, finely chopped
1. In a baking tray, mix the tomato puree together with the cooked pasta, prawns, mushrooms and beans. Set aside. Meanwhile preheat your oven to 180 C.
2. In a pan, pour the fresh cooking cream , together with the papripa powder and garlic paste and simmer for 5minutes on low heat. Stove off and add the parmeasan. Mix well so that the cheese incorporates with the sauce. Cover the lid so that the cheese melts.
3. Pour the creamy sauce onto the pasta and combine together. Sprinkle on top with cheddar and mozarella cheese and pepper. Bake for 5-8 minutes.
4. Garnish with finely chopped coriander and parsley leaves.
Red sauce octopus, known as “Ourites sauce rouges” on my little island. This dish is really simple to make and requires easy ingredients. Everyone has their own ways of cooking this dish. This is just my version 🙂 I love seafood and you can substitute octopus for this recipe with prawns and lobster as well.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
- 1 kg Octopus
- 1/2 a small can (425g) of peeled tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of tomato sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- Handful of thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp of sweet Paprika powder
- 1/2 tbsp of lime juice
- 5 cl of water, for the sauce
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Start to rinse well your octopus and remove the ink sac or any unwanted parts. I normally rub the whole octopus with corn flour, let it rest in the freezer overnight. The next day, rinse the octopus well to remove the corn flour.
- Preheat a deep pan or pressure cooker with water and slowly add the octopus once the water has reached a boil. I always use a pressure cooker, allow the octopus to cook on medium heat until 4 & 5 whistles. Once cooked the octopus will tenderized and developed into beautiful pink color, cut the octopus into small pieces.
- Preheat a pan with vegetable oil on medium heat and add the minced garlic and bay leaf so that they can infuse with the oil to create a great flavour.
- Once they start to sizzle, add the minced onions. Let it cook until translucent. Then goes the thyme leaves, tomato ketchup, paprika powder and lime juice into the pan, mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the peeled tomatoes, season with salt and pepper (quantity based as per your preferences) mix together and simmer for 3-4 minutes, lid covered on.
- Pour water and simmer for 2 minute without lid. Add the octopus and cook for 5 minutes.
Serve with rice 🙂 Sprinkle with coriander leaves and slices of lime Bonne appetit
Shrimp skewers as a snack for Eid day or any other occasions. I call them “Tropical Shrimp Skewers” because they are dressed with bell peppers, onions and tropical pineapples. Incredibly succulent and appetising with every bite. So easy to make with the minimal preparations required for this recipe.
Note: For this recipe, you can also substitute with chicken
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
- 500g of clean shrimps
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- 5 tsp of smoked paprika powder
- 2 tsp of Tandoori powder
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- 1 large onion, cut into large chunks
- 3 large bell peppers, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 of a ripe pineapple, cut into chunks
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
1. In a bowl, add the garlic and ginger paste, paprika and tandoori powder, honey and lime juice. Combine everything together with the help of a spachler. Add the shrimps, cut onions, bell peppers, pineapples and marinate together. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Divide shrimps evenly for 25 – 30 skewers. Add the shrimps, onions, bell peppers and pineapples into a skewer.
3. Preheat a pan or grill pan with some vegetable oil. Fry or grill the skewers for 2-3 minutes on each side until shrimps are pink and slightly firm.
4. Garnish with coriander, lemon wedges, chillies or Mauritius famous “Piment cari” and serve with mint sauce.
Some delicious Tandoori prawns full of spices and flavors, imagine having that in your mouth? Yummy, I was inspired to make this recipe after having made Tandoori grilled Chicken.
This recipe offers a pot full of wonders and low-carbs.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
- 2 tsp Garlic and Ginger Paste
- 1 packet of Prawns with shell
- Chopped Coriander
- Chopped Parsley
- 1/2 tsp of Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp of Oyster sauce
- 3 tsp of Tandoori Powder
- 1 tsp of Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp of olive oil
- Mix the ginger & garlic paste, chopped coriander, chopped parsley, smoked Paprika, Oyster sauce, Tandoori powder, Soy sauce and olive oil.
- Clean and slit-open the prawns slightly. Rinse well and add in the marination
- Once all are well blended, add the prawns mixture in the refrigerator for 30minutes
- Remove the prawns mixture after 30minutes and bring to room temperature.
- Preheat your grill pan with 2tsp of olive oil and add the marinated prawns.
- Grill for 4minutes on each side.
Voila Grill Tandoori Prawns is ready, you can serve them with Turmeric couscous rice and some green olives.