Looking for a special refreshing desserts on Eid Day or any other occasions? This is the easiest dessert anyone can make, your guests will feel ecstatic 😀 On our little island Mauritius, jelly is very famous when it comes to desserts because on a tropical island, you are always thrilled for refreshing food.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Note: Prepare the cream first.
Ingredients for the cream:
- 1 cup of Elle & Vire Whipped cream (Quantity based as per your preferences – you can use any whipped cream you prefer)
- 3 tbsp of heavy cream (Quantity will be based as per the amount of whipped cream used)
- 2 tbsp of sweetened Nestle cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp of good quality vanilla extract
Ingredients for the Jelly:
- 1/2 of a packet of Gelatin Agar Agar
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tsps of Rose syrup (Quantity will depend as per your sweetness preferences)
- 1/2 of a cup of Blueberries
- 1/2 a small tsp of blue food coloring
Preparations for the cream:
1. First begin by preparing the cream. Pour the whipped and heavy cream into a bowl, add the cocoa powder and vanilla extract.Whisk until stiff peaks form.
2. Place your glasses at a diagonal on a cupcake pan or a small bowl (See in picture below). Fill the glasses halfway at a diagonal with the cream. Put the pan or bowl of glasses into the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours until the cream is firm and set. Start preparing for the jelly only when the cream is firm.
Preparations for the jelly:
1. Heat up water and gelatin in a saucepan and bring to a boil on medium heat. Meanwhile stir until gelatin dissolves. It usually takes 3 to 4 minutes.
2. The Blueberries go into the water. Mix well for 1 minute. Add Rose syrup and blue food coloring and stir well. Stove off once you have added the syrup.
3. Pour the liquid into a bowl but constantly keep on stiring with a spoon for 1-2 minutes to unable the liquid to hardens until it cools down in temperature.
4. Once your cream is out of the fridge, remove the glasses from the pan or bowl and stand them right up. Pour the dissolved gelatin liquid into the glasses (make sure the gelatin liquid is not hot). Refrigerate for 30 minutes until jelly hardens.
Note: Before serving, remove the glasses 1 or 2 minutes before. You can top on with more blueberries.