A day at Mugg & Bean on 14 July 2018, I had planned lunch at Ocean Basket but while passing infront of Mugg & Bean, Azhar has decided to try lunch there. The last time we went there dates in December 2014, during university holidays we went there for a Strawberry Milkshake and Hazelnut Latté.
The Coffee-based franchise restaurant has a fancy rustic decoration, appealing to suit bloggers or corporate people for a meeting or an inspired workplace to blog or for a lunch-meeting and even for a nice time with loved ones.
Azhar has ordered a Sweet Apple Berry Iced Tea and I took a tropical juice. Both were delicious and perfect to match his Mac n Cheese Chicken Pasta and my Sweet Chili Chicken Burger. The burger was my favorite so far, the burger was packed with a juicy grilled chicken breast and pineapple, melted cheese, lettuce leaves and a sweet chili sauce.
I had a full stomach after this enjoying this lush burger but Azhar was craving for a Cheesecake. As dessert he took a Strawberry Cheesecake. We took only one slice for both of us since the cake is huge. Two forks into that creamy moist cake, the taste is beyond excellent.
Pasta pasta… who does not love pasta… we all do if we know how to cook different dishes with Pasta. Not many ingredients are required but if you cook pasta, you can’t just eat it without cheese. Pasta and cheese they are the ideal couple 🙂 haha….. I love baked pasta filled with a seafood blend, creamy sauce, cheese and the smell of freshly sprinkled herbs. A COMPLETE MEAL!!!!!
I serve mine with some homemade green chillies & garlic and lemon paste. Give yours a try, it is such an easy recipe. After the Noodles, I call the Pasta a second reason to eat with a fork at home because in our little island Mauritius most of the people eat with a spoon. Hahahahahaha
NOTE: I have not added salt in this recipe because the cheese already contains much of it and while you boil or cook your prawns and mushrooms just add your desired amount of salt.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
- 1 packet of Pasta, cooked
- 500g of Prawns, without shells and cooked
- Mushrooms, finely chopped and cooked
- Beans, cooked
- 1/2 cup of Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup of Mozarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup of Parmeasan cheese, grated
- 1 cup of fresh cooking cream (I use Elle & Vire brand)
- 2 tbsp of Tomato puree
- 1 tsp of Garlic paste
- 1 tsp of Paprika powder
- Coriander and Parsley leaves, finely chopped
1. In a baking tray, mix the tomato puree together with the cooked pasta, prawns, mushrooms and beans. Set aside. Meanwhile preheat your oven to 180 C.
2. In a pan, pour the fresh cooking cream , together with the papripa powder and garlic paste and simmer for 5minutes on low heat. Stove off and add the parmeasan. Mix well so that the cheese incorporates with the sauce. Cover the lid so that the cheese melts.
3. Pour the creamy sauce onto the pasta and combine together. Sprinkle on top with cheddar and mozarella cheese and pepper. Bake for 5-8 minutes.
4. Garnish with finely chopped coriander and parsley leaves.