An elegant and pricey seafood platter for your holiday table or any other special occasions. The best appetizer to have before the main dish. This recipe is easy, now I know if you fancy the restaurant style of this dish, then the price has always been skyrooted. I love the feeling of dipping toasted bread into the succulent butter lemon and herbs sauce, and those little forks inside the mussel shells sank with the sauce.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
For the grilled king prawns:
- 500g king prawns, cleaned with shells
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp honey (optional)
For the butter lemon sauce:
- 15-20 pieces of mussels
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 15 cl shrimp stock
- 15 cl Cooking cream (I use Elle & Vire brand)
- Pinch paprika powder
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and grated
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp corn flour (optional)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zests
1. Into a bowl, mix all the spices in the first list together. Make the sure the shells are open vertically in half, rub the mixture on the skin of the prawns. Set aside and allow to marinate for 1 hour. Preheat a skillet or grill pan with oilve oil and cook prawns for 5 minutes on each side over medium heat.
2. Scrub the shells of the mussels, clean and rinse well. Soak the mussels in water. Into a pan over medium heat, add 1/2 cup of butter and grated garlic. After 10 seconds, add the remaining ingredients in the second list. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
3.Add the tiger prawns first into the butter lemon sauce. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, constantly keep stirring, lid covered.
4. Remove the prawns from the sauce, set aside and stove off. Into a deep pot with hot water allow the mussels to boil for 5 minutes on medium heat until shells are opened (now this process is optional, you can choose to cook them directly into the butter lemon sauce as well). Get rid of the mussels who have stayed closed. Add the mussels into the butter lemon sauce and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the prawns together with the mussels. Stove off and garnish on top with more parsley leaves.